I just taught my 3rd class in a series of 4 – Fearless Creating: from safe to bold. I have learned a couple of lessons for myself and others, based on my observations.
- art and creativity unfold over time – there is no quick fix, only patient endurance that allows the environment for unfolding
- staying engaged, reaps unexpected rewards
- not knowing the end result, and not controlling the end result is freedom and leads to smiles and confidence
- “I wonder what would happen if….” becomes the precursor to action rather than self-doubt
- a trust-filled environment that is both “bounded and free,” as Parker Palmer would say, is hard to maintain and yet worth the effort to hold that paradox – the pay off of discomfort is creativity that could not have been predicted, planned, or forced.
I have had a few people inquire about materials and supplies to use at home in replicating this experience in their own time so i have included a list below with links to Amazon for purchase if you would like. Most of these materials are also available at your local art/craft store.
- Liquitex BASICS Acrylic Paint Tube 4 oz, 6-Piece Set
- Liquitex Professional Matte Fluid Medium, 8-Ounce
- Scrap papers
- Canvas sheets, ripped
- text pages
- pattern pieces
- washi tape
- Stencils, various
- Princeton Brush B30-06 No.6 Catalyst Blade, Size – 30
- Liquitex Professional Light Modeling Paste Medium, 16-oz
- Golden Acrylic Medium Satin Glazing Liquid, 8-Ounce
- Dr Martins Bombay India Ink 1Oz – Set Of 7
- Sanford Prismacolor Watercolor Pencil Set, 24-Pack
- Stabilo All Pencil – 8046 Black
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush Assorted Tips, Pack of 3 (FRHBFMBP3)
- Designing W/Gelatos Colors Kit-
- Printer paper
- Montana Acrylic Paint Marker Extra Fine .7mm Black
- Art Advantage Oil and Acrylic Brush Set, 24-Piece
I am part of the Amazon Affliliate Program and have linked to the items I used above. All you have to do is click on the item/pictureof item to be taken to the page. You do not have to purchase from Amazon. If you do, I received a small percentage of the sale.